My race season is finally over. (I have to stay strong though and not sign up for another race until this fall; I must save money!) I had a lot of successes in my second race season.
- I finally PRed by getting under my long time goal of a sub 30 minute 5K. Now it is pretty standard for me to run 3 miles in 30 minutes or less (if I try).
- I finally logged 1000 miles of running as of last week. I got over 1000 miles a while ago for all activities (running, walking, biking, elliptical, etc), but I finally actually hit that mark for JUST running.
- Since the start of this race season, I have lost 4.5 pounds.
- I am FINALLY in single digit pants and dress sizes.
- I can do real push ups. No more lady push ups for me.
- I can hold a plank for longer than a minute!
- Run for the Fallen
- UNCF Walk for Education
- Lady Speed Stick Half Marathon & 5K
- Florida Holiday Halfathon
- The Color Run
- The Glow Run
- The Warrior Dash Florida
- The Rock & Roll Half Marathon 5K
- Gasparilla 5K
- Tampa Bay Corporate 5K
- Iron Girl Half Marathon & 5K
- The Urban Chicken Scavenger Hunt
I tried to do a lot of races that were an “experience” of some kind such as the Color and Glow Run and the Warrior Dash. And for some reason, I almost exclusively did 5Ks this race season. Only two of my twelves races weren’t 5Ks (#4 and #12).
That will definitely change next race season as that one is all about distance. Wish me luck.